Oh Dear


I had my stamps in another show this last weekend in Richland, Washington (my home town). I wasn't able to attend personally, but I just got news of how it went. And now I'm drowning my sorrows in a bag of chocolate chip cookies.

Just Kidding. The bad news is that I only sold one set (sniff). Apparently people did really take the time to examine my stuff. Some even oohed and awed at the art a good deal. However, the sets cost more than some people wanted to pay. Some people wanted individual stamps but not an entire set.

Interestingly enough, all my business cards were gobbled up. I only printed a small handful because I thought maybe one or two people might want one at the very most. It's encouraging because it meant people were interested enough they wanted to think it over. Or perhaps they weren't so interested in the sets I had for sale, but wanted to see what else I had to offer. Flattering either way.

My selling partner (who hadn't seen a whole lot of my stuff before the show) loved the art and would like to do vinyls together. Very cool.

So, it was a mixed weekend. I'm disappointed I haven't yet given them the right combination they are wanting to buy. But the possibilities are definitely there.

I have some ideas of where I am going from here (while I am still trying to hock all these stamps I've got), and it begins with building a website where people can have greater access to my art.

These past two weekends have reminded me that dreams are delicate things. They need protection. Despite some big winds lately, I'm glad to say I still feel great hope. Thank you to all of my sweet friends and family for letting me share my crafting travails. May all our dreams come true.

Comments

Mandy said…
Sorry the craft show wasn't great, but the internet has big possibilities. Love ya Wend.
Natalie Francis said…
I was in a craft show this Saturday selling baby blankets and did about as well as you did! Maybe I'll have more luck selling online. Is there a place you're selling your stamps online (since I'm not in Provo)?
Headle said…
Oh, that's too bad Wendi!!! Your stamps are soooo cute! Maybe if you break them up and sell them individually or smaller sets? Hmmm...
It doesn't surprise me that people stopped to admire them though! They are awesome! I love your picture at the end. I feel confident there are bright days ahead for you!! You are so talented.

Keep us all posted! :)
Sarah said…
You are so cute Wendi. I love your picture of the girl burying her sorrows in a bag of chocolate chip cookies! ha ha! We have all been there, for various reasons.

(Except now, I have to bury my sorrows in a bag of Gluten Free cookies. NOT THE SAME.)
Wendi,
I just wanted to stop by and let you know how much it meant to us that your family stopped by on our wedding day. My mom was so excited to see your beautiful babies, and I was so happy to meet more of our ever growing family! Thank you for taking the time to come and celebrate with us. Your mom and dad are amazing and my mom and dad sure love them! Thank your mom again for taking the time to video and participate in our sealing. I will have wonderful memories forever of my wedding day!

Much love,
Kylee

Popular Posts