News from Our Town...


Poor Lily was sick most of last week so we (the girls) didn't go much of anywhere while we rode out the illness. She is completely healthy now and we are so grateful. So, not much happened last week, but we did have a quail fly into our window. Jason got this picture. He (the quail) was okay.


Lily's favorite Barbi is one I got as a hand-me-down when I was younger from my cousin Heather, so she's been around quite awhile. She is still as cute as she was when I played with her, but her head is always coming off. Sick of constantly having to put it back on, Jason took the head and just pushed it onto the neck as far as it can go. I couldn't stop laughing every time I looked over at Lily's Barbi with no neck (click on the picture to see it up close). Lily didn't care. She was thrilled to have the head back on her favorite doll.




Lily put some Carmex on and told me to take a picture of her because she had "lips"
(meaning pretty or shiny lips).


Ruth then needed a picture, too. These strawberry pajamas from little Sarah are her hands-down favorite. She'd wear them 7 nights a week if I let her.


Everyone wants to know, of course, how close we are to having our baby. My due date is Thursday, the 29th, but the midwives will let me go without an induction as far as April 12th (42 weeks). Based on past experience, I'm a little worried I might find myself up against that deadline this time around and again be facing an induction. I don't mind one bit if I do go to 42 weeks, so long as the baby comes on her own terms. So, as silly as it feels to be saying this, if you don't mind remembering me in your prayers, I'm really hoping that this baby will be born before they feel a need to intervene. It's a small thing in the scheme of things, but I know Heavenly Father is mindful of us, even in our seemingly insignificant desires.

Aside from that, I feel great, a little tired in the evenings is all, but otherwise very good and feel very positive about life. I am actually glad my babies don't tend to show up early because I'm a pretty last-minute person when it comes to getting completely ready, so the extra time to prepare is always a bonus!

Comments

Headle said…
Wendi!!! This post is awesome! I laughed out loud when I saw the Barbie without a neck--ha ha!! That is great! Awww, childhood...the best!

You are SO close to meeting Kate! YAY! I'll definitely keep you in my prayers. :)

Popular Posts