New Doors, New Beginnings


The irony is that I am cutting vinyl all the time, but I rarely cut anything for myself. This was something I came up with to go along with Elder Uchtdorf's First Presidency Message in January's Ensign: "The Best Time to Plant a Tree." The coins are "wooden nickels" from Hobby Lobby, colored silver with a silver Sharpie, and black vinyl to make the coin with a Roman Janus on them, two-headed god of doors and beginnings.




Ruth requested "Elsa" hair for school. This is her hair before she becomes the Snow Queen.





Kate's new bed.

We received a toddler bed from a neighbor who no longer needed it. Kate's a little young still I think, but she is cute with it. She likes to lay down on her bed and read board books with me (I sit on the floor) before nap time.


Not long after wearing "Elsa hair" to school, Ruth requested Elsa's Snow Queen hair. This was my first attempt. I tried twisting her hair to try and create bumps on top, but I learned later that with all the cowlicks in Ruth's hair, I can just pull big loose pieces back into the braid and they stand up on their own really well.



As far as Halloween 2014, I think Ruth pretty much has Elsa locked in as her choice of costume. Lily insists she also wants to be Elsa (no matter how much we try to sell her on Anna), so perhaps we'll have Ruth be older Elsa, and Lily can be young Elsa.




Lily's big blue eyes have made me think of another princess I may try to talk her into: Sofia the First. We have started watching all the Disney cartoons in the morning--Jake and the Neverland Pirates, Doc McStuffins, and Sofia the First. They both have big, penetrating, light blue eyes. 


Too many cute princesses to choose from!


Comments

Popular Posts