What a difference a year makes

One year ago we drove up Provo Canyon to see the fall leaves and snap some pictures. This is Ruth at two-months-old.

Ruth was a little on the hungry/grumpy side. These pictures in the tree were the last ones we snapped before calling it a day.

Last week we went back to the same place. Ruth is 14-months-0ld. She still didn't have a lot of patience with the tree, but the stump (we found a smaller one) was not bad.
The sweater (which is so adorable) is "just something I grabbed" out the the tub of fall/winter clothes my sister Heidi brought me last time she came to Utah. Nothing she passes along to her grateful little sister is anything but outrageously cute.

Looking for crawdads with Jason.
Okay, not really, but if it were the Columbia River we would've been.

Comments

Unknown said…
Wow, a year does make a huge difference! But that is so cute! I remember I have a picture of my dad and I fishing (holding a fish) at this spot when I was little, and then like 13 years later we went back and took a picture at the same spot, holding a fish. ^_^
She is so, so cute! I wish we could see her--and you two--more often! We miss you all so very much. I love reading your updates on your blog. We'll be starting our own soon!
Headle said…
Ruth is ADORABLE!!!!! Oh, what a little doll girl! I can't believe how much she's grown!!

Those pictures of your family are beautiful!
Jane said…
Ruth has grown up so much! What a fun idea to go back to the same spot to take pictures.
The Kammeyers said…
I know I keep saying it, but Ruth is SUCH a cutie! :) And you look so great in these pictures, Wendi! Very photogenic!
Kristalyn said…
Cute! I love fall pictures, and then combined with the river you get the ultimate shots!

Popular Posts