Fashion Week

It is Fashion Week at our residence. In this season: skirts (dresses), skirts, and more skirts. We're seeing bold new combinations--plaids with hot pink, as well as classic motifs--ruby red shoes remain a wardrobe staple. Tights are still out, and flip flops are the new snow boot. And don't forget, the ever popular gloves-instead-of-socks monkey feet look.









Comments

Headle said…
Hahaha!! SO SWEET! I love little Ruth's style. Look out fashion world, there's a new diva on the rise. :) CUTE PICTURES!
Very fun! What a sweetie.
Jane said…
Love the gloves on the feet :). Thanks for the calander. It is printed out and on my fridge.
Love that little girl!!!!!!
Thanks for the compliments on the felt food. The cookie cutter cookies are THE favorite thing of all four girls that I made--and they took the least time. I bet Ruth would love it. Let me know if you have questions on it. I got that cookie cutter set in the "dollar section" (for 2.50) at Target, and my aunt went back the day after Christmas to get one and they didn't have any left. I think IKEA might have something, though, because one of my friends left me a comment that she did something similar.

As far as church ideas with felt, I only have one idea I want to do--but it's a big project. I want to make a quiet book this year. This blog has some great ideas/patterns to get started http://homemadebyjill.blogspot.com/2009/07/quiet-book-templates.html

There is also the idea of the felt Mr. Potato Heads. Here's a tutorial http://makeitandloveit.blogspot.com/2009/11/felt-mr-potato-head.html

Another thing I just came across that seems so fun to make and that would be perfect for church are these magnetic dress-up dolls. Have you seen the 'princess' ones? They cost $10 and have little pieces a younger sibling could choke on. But I'm in love with these http://www.onepearlbutton.com/2009/12/tutorial-magnetic-paper-dolls.html

Lastly, I don't know if you have one of these already, but Miranda LOVES her Magna Doodle (from Walmart). I have a travel size one that stays in the church bag and she spends a lot of time each week drawing on that (or asking me to draw things for her). She also used to be really entertained by the finger puppets from IKEA, but lately has no interest in those...

Good Luck. Let me know if you find other things that work!
Mandy said…
Cute pictures of Miss Roo and fun commentary by her creative mommy!
what a little fashionista! love it! i wish so much our girls could play together.... maybe we'll get out to Utah this year, its been way too long!

Popular Posts