Update on Us
Ruth knows her bigger cousins go to school and has been begging me to go to "school" for some time now, so when I found out there was an (almost) all-girl joy school group in my neighborhood looking for additional moms who wanted to participate, I told them Ruth would like to join. She likes getting out of the house to socialize and having papers to put in her backpack--so it's been fun.
Lily wants to do everything Ruth does (including pose for pictures). She chooses most of her own outfits these days and insists on changing them multiple times through out the day. She is typically down to a diaper by the time dad gets home. I think Jason was a little worried about neglect until he had some days off and time to see just how tricky it is keeping up with the near constant wardrobe changes.
Ruth and Lily really play together. Here they are putting a baby to bed. Lily is a good sport playing second fiddle to Ruth in most of their activities.
They held a "Princess Festival" in the mall this Christmas so I indulged in two extra-fancy princess dresses for the occasion. We had a fun time. Getting ready for the festival (Mom and two girls getting all primped for the big afternoon) was probably as much fun as the actual event.
We had a nice Christmas party with our ward. Here is Ruth singing with the Primary on stage.
When it was time to meet Santa, Ruth and Lily got away from me and somehow managed to get in the front of the line (although I KNOW they were not the first ones to get in line--we'll have to work on that one). They couldn't wait to get candy canes. They don't really understand about asking for presents yet.
And for those I haven't told, we're expecting Girl #3 at the end of March. She will fit right into the princess scene we have going on around our house. It's a wonderful princess life.
Comments
Merry Christmas.