Quotable Lily


Lily has so many quotable moments, that it's easy to take them for granted, but I made an effort over the past few days to jot a few of them down. Probably the most endearing thing about Lily is how uninhibited she can be. She is not afraid to try things and she is confident she can do it. But if she does end up looking silly, she just tosses her head back and laughs.

***

Enter Lily balancing a big tray of play dough containers.

Ruth: Lily, BE CAREFUL.

Lily (without missing a beat or breaking concentration): My middle name is 'Careful.'

***

Lily carrying a plate of S'mores I'd heated in the microwave over to Ruth.

Ruth! Here's your S'more Mom burned for you in the oven!

***

Lily misquoting Da Vinci in the movie Peabody and Sherman: And he said, "This lady is causing me nuts!" (followed by hysterical laughter).

***

Ruth and Lily playing together in their bedroom.

Ruth: (Gravely) Lily, the snake needs you.

Lily: (Solemnly) Oh... (then in a tone of hopefulness) I noticed that I'm a good doctor.

***

Jason went to pick the girls up at the bus stop one day and Lily had a shoebox (and instructions to decorate it for her 'Reading Treasure Box').

She hops off the bus and says matter-of-factly: I got new shoes.

***

We love our Lily.

Comments

Mandy said…
Those quotes made me smile. We miss you!

Popular Posts