Blue and Gold and Kate's New Haircut


One of my first responsibilities as a newly called counselor in the Primary Presidency was to plan and execute a Blue and Gold Banquet (with the help of a capable Cub Scout Committee of course!). I have to say, I am thankful for all those big Pilling family dinners I was a part of in Lehi, because I think the preparation really came through for me. ;)

This picture (above) is Kassie Rogers (our Primary President) and her family. They are super. Her husband just became a Nurse Practitioner and is always willing to share things with Jason who thinks he may eventually want to go back to school to become an NP.




Pumpkin cookies. I think my kids ate more cookies than dinner.


My visiting-teaching companion, Lisa, and her family. They have six girls and one boy and they are really nice. Her husband is hiding behind his cup. :)


Some of our 11 year-old and older scouts here to support an Arrow of Light ceremony.


Our Stake President lives in 3rd ward (our ward is 1st ward), but 3rd Ward webelos have joined our ward for now (because there are so few boys) so he and his family attended our Blue and Gold. It was a little nerve-wracking to have the Stake President show up, but Jason and I had a nice chat with him and his wife in line for food.


Jason, Ruth, and Maggie (Primary President's youngest).


Arrow of Light


Our Cubmaster giving out awards and pinewood cars.


It's been such a shift moving from a ward where we had more boys our Wolf Den (8 year-olds) than this ward has Cub Scouts (8, 9, and 10 year-olds).


And it isn't news to many, but it's worth mentioning that Lily decided to help Kate with the big fuzzy tangle of hair that was sticking off the back of her head President's Day morning, and this was the result.


Jason, who was understandably the most upset by the turn of events, was a good sport and offered to take Kate to get her haircut the next day while I prepped for the Blue and Gold Banquet. Jason said she fell asleep in the chair while the hairstylist worked, and he had to hold her head up. The results, regardless, were very cute.


I told Jason to tell Grandma Pilling that Kate now has her same cute haircut!

Comments

Popular Posts