A slightly out of order week in review


Jason and I got a chance to attend the temple a week ago Saturday. We happened on the ASL session, which was neat to see. The church released a new version a year or so ago and I hadn't seen it yet. We also got to be the witness couple. There were a number of live endowments that morning, so I hope we did a good job! Being in a session where someone is going through the for the first time makes you remember what it's like to have it all be new. It was a terrific experience. Thanks to Nate and Deborah for babysitting.


I hosted this week for Joy school. I pulled out my leftover supplies from Ruth's birthday we made crowns together. They turned out very cute--the girls did a great job. Ruth and the older girls cut theirs out, which was a big step for Ruth.



Where did my girls go?


They they are! They made this little blanket bungalow one morning. It cracked me up.


I made crayon rolls for Ruth and Lily to use during Sacrament Meetings. I found the tutorial on a very cute craft blog here. The tutorial actually references and links to another tutorial on another blog (it's a modification of a regular 16 crayon roll), so if anyone is interested, I can email them my condensed notes--which helps probably only slightly because I didn't copy the pictures.

I admit, I have not sewn in a very long time. I spent the first 2 1/2 hours cursing at my sewing machine until I got it to work properly (user error). Then there were a lot of mental gymnastics trying to follow the directions. The directions were adequate, but I could have used a few more sewing-for-dummies type explanations, because things like how to mark your pockets so you sew them in a straight line were not explained.

Having watched the girls use them today at church, I think I may make the pockets a little snugger in the future and the strap not so long, but otherwise they turned out very cute. Lily got a little frustrated trying to roll hers up by herself (which she couldn't really do), but Ruth could do hers all by herself and she was keen to have something that was her very own. She's very into that these days.


Lily didn't quite last until dinner Friday. She could use more naps than she's been getting lately.


Wednesday, Kelly and Jennette invited us to go with them to see Brian Regan at Abravenel Hall in Salt Lake. Leave it to Jennette to get us set up with opening night tickets. We thought we'd be on the front row, but we were actually row 7, but it turned out better because row 1 was sitting below eye-level of the stage, so they had to look up the entire time. That would not have been fun.




These are pictures Jennette took that I've borrowed for my post. He was a riot. There was one point when I am sure I have not laughed so hard in my entire life. It was a lot of fun to see him live. He genuinely looks like he's having a lot of fun up there, which is really impressive to me. You'd think the stand up thing would get really old over time. Thanks Mandy and Marcus for watching the girls so late on a weeknight. Thanks to Kelly and Jennette for inviting us. I felt like we were newlyweds again (which translates as having time, energy, and disposable income)!

Comments

Headle said…
What a fantastic weekend!!! Oh, the temple experience sounds so wonderful!!!

I love that you are sewing again! We need to talk again soon, I'd love to hear more about it!

And your date night sounds like a blast! You guys have been so busy with life--it was definitely a well deserved night out. That was so nice of Mandy and Marcus to watch the kids. Yay! What a fun weekend!
chris m. said…
Sounds like life is good. :) I love the crayon rolls... i am not a sewing person, but would love to one day try some sewing projects. Yours turned out cute. I liked to colors of fabric.

Popular Posts