Ruth and Coloring


Ruth organizing her toys last Sunday morning. I commented on how nice a job she did and she asked if I needed to take a picture. I agreed I did.



Ruth's joy school papers. The last mom who hosted commented on how good a job Ruth did coloring. I said she likes it a lot. It was fun the week I hosted to really see and appreciate what a dedicated color-er Ruth is. One kid did not color his project at all, one boy colored only a few of his ornaments, one girl colored them all but as fast as she possibly could and all in one color, one girl colored a little more carefully but not very thoroughly, and Ruth took her time and only got through some of her ornaments, but they made them colorful as this fish, taking pains to try and stay in the lines. It's not that being really into coloring is important for every kid, but it made me appreciate that this was something Ruth really pours herself into and which makes her unique, which I maybe didn't realize before.

Comments

Sarah said…
She is a budding artist and takes after her mom!

Popular Posts