Creative and Spiritual Post: Going Visiting Teaching

I'm serving as a Visiting Teaching Supervisor these days and I'm really enjoying it. It's my first time with the calling and I hope it isn't my last, because I'm really loving it, and it's not because it's less time consuming than other callings (although that may be part of it--let's be honest). It is awesome for me to have an excuse to visit with a dozen or so sisters I probably wouldn't ever talk to, much less get to know. It's also neat to see how you and your visiting teaching is part of a bigger effort than it feels like sometimes.

This last month my district had a really stellar month. Not only did people take the time to report who have never reported to me before (at least not in recent memory), we had 100% contacts or visits with all the sisters we know are still in our district (one may have moved--we're still not sure, but we will find out for sure--you can't hide from the Lord's servants--lol). Just a really great month for them. I really wanted to do something special, and ideally something that did not involve empty calories. Not to criticize treats; I give them out, too. I featured them in my picture for that matter!

At any rate, I knew I wanted to do a 'Thank You' picture for my sisters. I've been really struggling to come up with concepts of things to illustrate these days, and one of the problems I'm running into is I want to draw things that have a specific purpose beyond just showing off. So it took some struggle to come up with a concept that felt right, and if I had more time I would re-color parts of this, but here it is. I'm going to send my thank you email out tomorrow, and I hope it makes my sisters smile. That's the whole point. They really are doing something wonderful--overcoming busy schedules and differing personalities and varying levels of church activity on the part of their companion, to get out the door and simply do their visiting teaching, and this picture is supposed to celebrate that. It's titled, "Going Visiting Teaching."

Comments

Mandy said…
Cute Wendi! Love your blog posts!

Popular Posts