Creative Post: What is your style?
I feel like I always have a ton to say about creating stuff, and then I sit down to say something and well, maybe I'd prefer the pictures to do the talking for now. I'm trying to figure out what my style is. It's been so long that I've done anything but stick people, I'm not sure how I draw anymore!
Some pictures I've done lately...
Heather Peterson shared Sarah Jane Studios with me a few weeks ago, and this trike was definitely done with her style in mind. She did an old-timey bike with a basket of flowers on the front, so I tried a trike with a balloon.
Mount Rainier family portrait. Great artists always painted from models it seems, but I'd rather die than ask someone to pose for me while I try to draw what's supposed to be them--lol. Thank goodness for the invention of photography!
Lily wearing her frog jammy-top and a pink skirt. You don't have to ask kids to pose. They do it naturally!
I have no idea what I'm doing other than trying to put some feelers out and see what people respond to. But it's very fun to be doing something new and to be working with color again!



Comments
Wendi, I love them all!!! The tricycle picture with the balloon is so precious! I adore the family picture too--the watercolor effect is so pretty.
That's a super cute picture of Ruth too. Please keep the art coming--you are amazing! :)