This is Ruth's year for teeth incidents. After Lily unceremoniously yanked Ruth's first tooth out, the permanent tooth started coming up in it's place (a good sign that tooth was going to be history soon anyway). Not to be left out, the permanent tooth next to this one started to come in, only that lower front baby tooth had not come out yet, and it wasn't even very loose. So after a week or so I finally called the dentist, and they said to come in so they could have a look. Only the next opening was a week and a half away, so by the time we get in, this permanent tooth was sticking out rather prominently directly behind the baby tooth. I started calling it Ruth's "shark tooth," because Sharks have rows of teeth rather than one row like people.

This is Ruth a few days after the tooth was removed (I wish I'd thought to get a picture before). The dentist gave me the option to give the baby tooth a few more weeks and see if we could wiggle it out before it would have to be pulled, but knowing that neither Ruth nor I had the stomach for pulling out unwilling baby teeth, and not wanting dad to have to resort to anything drastic, I gave the dentist the go ahead to take it out.
The dentist said the baby tooth should be able to slide into it's usual position now that the baby tooth is out of the way.
They gave Ruth a cute little treasure box to bring her tooth home in. Our dentist has kids and teeth down to an art. :)
Comments