This is the Place


The Mom and Me group in our ward went to This is the Place this week. I had been to a reception here before, but I had never seen the rest of the property, so it was a treat to come explore with friends from our neighborhood.


Posing with the Frasiers.


Learning about pioneer chores. The kids were thrilled to wash clothes with a washboard. Learning about how pioneers used every last scrap of fabric until it had lost all usefulness makes you feel guilty for throwing out that shirt last week because it had a stain.



Riding ponies.


Kate waiting for the train. I had no idea there was a train you could ride here, but my kids have been begging to go back to the zoo so we could ride a train, which, after you pay fifty dollars to get your family into the zoo, is another 1.50 per person. So the fact that they had a train here and that is was free to ride was one of the highlights of our visit.


Ruth and Lily soooooo excited to be on a train.



Views from the train.



Ruth carting wool.


A few of the buildings. So neat looking.



You can't get better than ending the day with an ice cream cone.

Comments

Mandy said…
Wendi, I love This is the Place! We haven't been in awhile. So fun!

Also, seriously I can take you to the zoo sometime. I get two free guests, Kate should still be free, so you should be able to just pay for Lily. And then the kids get unlimited free merry go round rides. So if you ever want to meet me up there, I'd be HAPPY to go with you!

Thanks for sharing.

P.S. See? You are totally a cute mom who goes fun places and takes pictures of the event and blogs about it. :)

Popular Posts