Baby Lily is here!
Lily Isabel Pilling was born Monday evening at 6:31 pm. She weighed 7 lbs 5 oz and was 19 1/2 inches long. We was born nine days after her due date and completely worth the wait.
We were scheduled for an induction Monday and got a call from the hospital to come in at 12:30 pm. About an hour after we arrived they started the pitocin and about an hour after that they broke my water. Things moved right along from there, we were 5 cm at 4:50 pm and by 6:00 pm I was feeling like pushing. I was only 7 cm, but pushing seemed like the most relieving thing to do and a half an hour later Lily was born.
We did it unmedicated, although I don't know that I'd recommend anyone being induced to go that route. The labor definitely moves quickly with pitocin, but the intensity can be super exhausting. When I realized I'd reached the point where it was too late to ask for pain relief (but I was still not completely dialated), I considered ripping the IV out of my arm. Jason says by then I had enough pitocin in my system it wouldn't have made too much of a difference, so I guess I'm glad I didn't.
On the positive side, Jason was way more involved in helping me get through labor, and that made the experience more meaningful for both of us. I also loved being able to walk around and use the restroom on my own rather than being stuck in bed the entire time. Note to self: Don't be induced next time and whatever you do, KEEP YOUR WATER. It probably would have made the labor significantly longer, but with not quite the same intensity. It also would have left me more pain relief options, like using the jetted tub. It was definitely a learning experience.
Comments
Well it did go pretty fast all things considering. That's awesome that Jason was there to help you more. :)
She is very beautiful. And like I was talking to mom about it, and we can't decide who she looks like. haha!
Well, congratulations!! We love you. Hopefully we can come down and see her sometime this next month!
She's so cute Wendi!! Look at her hair!!! How sweet!!
Wendi, YOU DID IT!!! WOW!! You rock! I'm SO happy for you guys!!!!