Life update
We went to the doctor a week ago Monday. Lily had a cold and cough. Ruth had the sniffles as well as an eternal cough that has gone on since before Christmas.
Lily's was deemed a virus, so we've been playing the waiting game for her to get better. Ruth's looked like allergies and maybe some sinusitis. The allergy medicine we've been giving her doesn't seem to help that much, although we're supposed to give it two full weeks to take effect. We still have 3-4 days to go to reach two weeks, but I'm kind of skeptical anything will be different by then--we'll see. I've also got a referral for an allergist in Orem and we'll probably go the second week of February.
We've been home a lot trying to get rid of the sniffles and coughs. The girls have been making more tents (Ruth mostly). This one they made on their bed. I've bought two different kid tents over the past couple years and they've just been so cheaply made the kids destroy them without so much as trying. I think a tent is probably one of the those toys you can do without--case in point.
I have a new calling as Visiting Teaching Supervisor. It's not one I've had before and I think it will be a great calling for me. I get to know people a lot more easily when I have a somewhat business-related excuse to talk to them in the first place--so this will be great.
I've been getting up a couple mornings a week to exercise (prenatal yoga videos). I haven't exercised much at all this pregnancy and I realized if I wanted to go without pain meds again this time, I need to be able to move around and I better be in better shape. This pregnancy especially I've been feeling big and awkward and 'blobby'. I'm delivering with the midwives at the Central Utah Clinic Women's Center (used to be called Timpanogas Women's Center), which I'm looking forward to. I think having someone there with us the entire time will make a big difference, especially since despite all the practice and prep-work, your brain has a way of freezing up during labor and you just need some suggestions as to new things to try as things progress. But my expectations have definitely been informed a lot also by my previous experience, so I get that there are certain things that are done a certain way, and it's not going to be the end of the world if it's not all according to the ideal birthing vision.
I'm 32 weeks, so 8 or so more weeks to go. It's exciting to be getting near the end.
Comments
I'm so sorry Lily is still sick but hopefully the new MD will have some answers for you.
Your girls are SO cute! I love seeing those two together in the tents they made.
Way to go on the yoga! Yay!