What a week!
We did the letter V (of course!) this past week for Joy School. On Valentines we decorated sugar cookies. On Thursday we did Vegetables (and Fruit). Last minute I came up with the idea to print off words and slip them in clear plastic covers and have the kids make the letter shapes with play dough rather than writing them--just to change things up. They seemed to enjoy it.
Not all the kids did letters (Ruth), but they got into the spirit of it anyway I guess. Those are plastic grapes sticking out of the play dough.
I found a fun coloring page for 'Hungry Caterpillar,' so we read the book and then made our own Hungry Caterpillar story page. You can find it by googling Hungry Caterpillar Coloring and looking under images. You may need to switch your printer layout to landscape when you print to get it to fill up the entire page.
The play dough recipe I found online--it works really well I think. I've used it to make more than a couple batches.
Traditional Play Dough
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1/4 cup salt
- food coloring
Mix all ingredients, adding food coloring last. Stir over medium heat until smooth. Remove from pan and knead until blended smooth. Place in plastic bag or airtight container when cooled. Will last for a long time.
Comments
It looks like the whole crew had a blast! Fun ideas!!