Some quick snapshots


Lily had a fever last week and I think I got a milder version of whatever she had, so when I wasn't trying to get caught up on this gigantic vinyl order I had, we were kind of down and out. As of this writing, however, I'm feeling much better, and I think the worst is behind Lily as well--at least we hope.

This is something Ruth and Lily were doing that Jason snapped a picture of. Lily in bed with all the princesses. Lily is a really good sport about going along with whatever setup Ruth wants to orchestrate. I'm sure this was Ruth's idea.


Ruth went to the Allergist this week. They do skin prick tests on your back, and she was very brave through the ordeal I thought.  She has mild asthma and tested positive for allergies to house dust (yikes, I could do better there) and a certain tree pollen--I'll have to look at her sheet again. We have some medicine for her now, but it's kind of tricky to teach a four-year-old to use an inhaler, so we're still working on that one. It's mostly a use as needed medicine, so that's good. Some of these medicine regimins we've been on this year have been kind of exhausting.

I snapped a few pictures of some of Ruth's latest handiwork. I thought I would take a couple pictures of a few my favorites. I didn't want to try and save the originals (let's face it, little kids are prolific and at age four, she has only begun), but I got a kick out of them nonetheless.



I like the pig's crown, necklace, and make up she gave her pig. This one was from Joy School.


They made these puppets in Primary. I wish I'd gotten a photo before the bag got all tattered. Ruth played with it a lot once she got it home, filling it completely full with Little People at one point.


You lift up the head and you can see where Ruth drew a head to go on the prophet's shoulders while she colored it. It cracks me up every time I look at it.


She did this one today (I'm writing this on Sunday). It's a princess with "eyes, and a nose, and spots." I asked what all the spots were about. She said simply she needed spots. We do have a book, Arthur gets the Chicken Pox, and I wonder if that was any of the inspiration. But you gotta love the stringy hair, again a crown and necklace, and the individually drawn teeth. Very nice.

Comments

The Kammeyers said…
Glad you guys are feeling better! I hope this pregnancy is treating you well, Wendi! I had fun just now catching up on your blog. :)

Popular Posts