Post-Christmas Fun
So, I need to give a little back story on Lily's Christmas gifts. Lily is our Little Chef. I walked up on her the other day and she was cutting a clementine into pieces (also surrounded by dozens of other kitchen utensils as you can see). When I asked her what she was doing, she said, "Making dinner." I do let my kids cut some fruits and vegetables with supervision, so we got some fruit out and made a fruit salad.
Oops, not on the cutting board, but you get the idea.
So for Christmas we got Lily some food and pots and pan sets from Ikea (not pictured--sorry!), and we got her a play dough set that makes all kinds of sweets. It was not as big and bulky as some of the play dough sets, so it was more easily store-able, and it came with some really adorable colors. The girls love it. They have played with it for hours. This is the first Christmas where none of our gifts were really duds (okay, I did give dad a little grief about buying hair product for me--it's just something I prefer to choose for myself), and it has made this side of Christmas that much more fun.
Comments